Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Blog v. Video Hits

Alright so so far this year I've got a little over three hundred views, on this blog. 300 views in two days. Is there a way I can leverage this into YouTube views? Not from what I've seen, no. There is a very small click through rate on the videos I host, seeing as I see, both sides of the coin, the blog hits and the YouTube hits. The rate is basically zero. If there were any video hits from this blog, I know not of them.

This blog doesn't get that many hits, but it's still far more than my YouTube channel gets. (I've taken on, thinking about the channel in terms of a business. Though if I ever make money off of it, it will be years from now.) I almost have as many hits on this blog just over the past couple of days, that I've had over the entire length of my channel. It takes a while to build things up, of course; it's possible for my to be as prolific YouTubing as I am blogging, but that's not happening.

I could just make high-quality, engaging content, to up my viewer base (and/or to increase views embedded from blog,) but... I mean, I'm not planning not to, or anything, and I think my stuff is, decently, good... 

like I said, to justify the video format, what I've got to say needs to be more visuals-oriented. Requires planning. But the way my head works is like, if I write down the idea, then that "counts" already as being out in the world, even if nobody's going to see it. It's not that I lose motivation, but that I lose the urgency. Videos can't be urgent, they need to be planned. This blog is urgent, I do it every day. Maybe the editing is urgent, since it takes so long and I get it in so late, with the idea of getting in a video by the end of the week. But editing shouldn't feel like an urgent process.

(I don't know...?)

No comments:

Post a Comment