Monday, March 11, 2019

2019 Disillusions

Is it weird that it's 2019? It's weird that it's 2019. Year seems so... temporally displaced. Like, 2016 was an eternity ago, 2020 is this weird future thing that's never going to arrive, 2019 feeling like it shouldn't have arrived. And it's just so weird.

And it's March already. ...?!

And I'm thinking about jobs (and I don't have any yet) but with the snags with the Walmart stuff it's got me thinking whether I really want to work there, thinking whether I even want a job at all, and why would I want I job, so that I can buy things? I don't want to buy things. Capitalism seems kind of pointless to me now, me being so far outside of it.

And everything else it feels like I'm outside of that all too. I want to want things, but I just can't bring myself to. Nothing seems real to me. Maybe that's not a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment