Friday, March 8, 2019

Feel the Burn

Exercising with Alex every-ish day for almost a week now, and it still s*cks but it gets easier marginally. And it's called exercise. And in a shortly long story, like, it works because you continue doing it after you'd normally give up, spurring you beyond how you'd do you. You grow because it stretches your comfort zone.

And it's not true 100% of the time, but it is a much more effective method of growth. Maybe. Like, just because it's getting easier doesn't mean I'm really seeing any results yet of course. But, as a general principle, it might be true I suspect? It gets you to places quicker, at least, maybe.

Realizing I don't know for sure is undercutting a lot of my initial point, not to mention the counterexamples I can think of. I'm a pretty good visual artist, but I don't remember ever "arting" past the point where it hurts, things just accumulated gradually, maybe continuing because believing in myself, being told I had skill when in fact I did not? 

Piano, though, exercising there; and writing of course, though I still feel I could use many drills in both. That's the kind of thing I was going to liken to exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment