Thursday, March 7, 2019

Tees Maar Fox

So I was researching Neil Simon, as one does, and it turns out that 
  1. he didn't write his first play till he was like 40, which means that I don't have to feel bad about not having anything significant accomplished in life yet (though he did work for years in television writing as practice leading up to it), and
  2. the first film he wrote the script for, the Italian heist After the Fox, was given an Indian remake in 2010, Tees Maar Khan.
  3. (Incidentally, how do you spell "40" out? Forty? Fourty? They both look right yet somehow off...)
Looking into that, Tees Maar Khan, it turns out that it was written and directed by my favorite Bollywood director, Farah Khan!, and somehow I had never heard of it!

So I checked whether it was on Netflix, and it was, and I watched it- and I can tell you, well there's probably a reason why I'd never heard of it. in that it's not very good; though it's got a few interesting ideas and stuff not in the original film. And some pretty funny references for the more advanced student of Bollywood, and some digs at Slumdog Millionaire and M Night Shyamalan. Those were great.

Still, it's nice when these things that you'd somehow never come across before, present themselves to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment