Thursday, September 12, 2013

Cap'n Dog

   ...That's not his name. Cap'n Dog, it's, not hit name. He is a dog, but he's... he's not even a captain. Just, he's a dog, and he's from Cap'n Patches. So I called it, Cap'n Dog. More, descriptive, than anything else.


   Once again I exhibit a pretty keen eye for textiles, but a somewhat two-dimensional conception of  anatomy... Check out that face! The right arm also kind of feels forced, but it's just tangencies in weird places, cancelling out the depth illusion... If I ever do a more polished version, with inking and coloring and everything, that'll get tidied up... it's kind of a minor piece, though, I'm not sure if it would be worth it...

   I think I will do that, actually; this one's got just too good of a base to let those three or four surface missteps utterly mar it...

No comments:

Post a Comment