Friday, November 1, 2013

ENDER'S GAME

   Well, I'm put in a bit of a unique position here, where I don't know any of the information about the movie that wasn't known a full year before it came out. How are the trailers? Awesome?  The closest thing I've got to movie posters is book covers. Man I am so jealous of you future guys who get to check out the website and everything. My poster is this book cover, which looks to be designed by the same guys who did the cover for Eoin Colfer's HG2G book And Another Thing, but I can't confirm that. It comes with a tagline and everything.

"At Battle School, Fighting is Compulsory." I know that's kind of corny, but only if you read it in an American accent; keep in mind this is an English edition of the book. Read it now. Yeah. I know, right?
   Anyway! You probably want to know what I think. Well, here you go:

THE GOOD:
  1. The twist ending. The final battle.
  2. The very concept of the Battle Room seems custom-designed for cinema.

THE BAD:
  1. The actual size of the Battle Room. In some points in the book, it works better as a vast space, and in some places, it works better as a dim enclosed area. You could get away with vagaries in a written medium, in a visual medium not so much.
  2. Let's face it: kid-on-kid violence.
  3. And nudity.

THE UGLY:

  1. To Locke and Demosthenes or not to Locke and Demosthenes? This is very important stuff in the Shadow saga, which we're assuming for the sake of this exercise that they're making. It can't seem like it's coming out of nowhere. I think that what will/should happen is the subject is brought up when Graff is talking to Ender and reintroducing him to his sister, saying that his siblings have been very busy back on earth and that a certain political pundit would very much like to meet him...
  2. The epilogue after that, for obvious reasons.


No comments:

Post a Comment