Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thespis Strip Dated Sunday, November 22, 2009

Click to embiggen.
TRANSCRIPT:
Marvin: Collin!
Where the heck were you in last week's strip?
Collin: I'm on strike!
Marvin: [speaks scribbles]...
What for?
Collin: I'mma supportin' the writers' strike!
Marvin: ...
Collin that ended two years ago.
Collin: oh.
Are we even union?
Marvin: If only writers', Collin. If only writers'. 

NOTES:
   I get bizarrely political here. Sorry 'bout that. It's true, though, that the writer's guild was pretty much treated like crap in Hollywood before the strike, and even now they're not quite as respected as they should be. (Maybe it was because the strike forced awesome shows like Bryan Fuller's Pushing Daises off the air. (But then again, it also did some good stuff, like forcing season seven of 24 to be shot all at the same time, ensuring supertight pacing and just a thrillride of a day.)) But, there. I'm off my soapbox now.

No comments:

Post a Comment