Thursday, January 23, 2014

A History of (My Own) IQ

   I'm willing to admit my past scores here, which may seem kind of contradictory to what I said in the last post but isn't for reasons that will soon become readily apparent.

   115, I'm not sure if that was actually an IQ measurement, because I was also tested in the fifth grade  using the CAS (Cognitive Assessment System,) which was measured to be 115. I don't think that the CAS is actually a recognized IQ test so much as... well, as a System for Cognitive Assessment, the examiner said he believed that "the test results are an accurate representation of [my] abilities." Legit enough. Alright. Maybe that was something else, like there was an actual IQ test administered and it also happened to test 115, so I'm gonna fly with it and say it was 115. There were tests before that, in the second grade, but that was in the second grade, which is discountable for reasons it's really not the place to get into here.

   In the eleventh grade, my FSIQ (Full Scale Intelligence Quotient) was tested using the WAIS IV (which is a recognized and official IQ test,) to be 118. A jump of three points! Yay! Then I took another one in college, (Sophomore year?), as part of a qualification for voc rehab. It had grown again. By a lot. The exact scale of the jump to what my latest measurement is I will not say, because
  1. It's statistically high, so sharing it here would seem like blatant bragging,
  2. It's realistically high, so sharing it here would be embarrassing because it's really not worth bragging about, and
  3. My shame of how low it is would still come across like bragging
   I was 18, 19 when I took that last one. It's not unheard of and in fact expected to keep increasing like that, but such a jump... I don't know what that could mean. I do have my guesses, though. More on that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment