Monday, January 27, 2014

What It Would Mean

   Like I said, I was (blissfully?) unaware of any of the results or of the changes in curriculum, so I didn't realize my place or my scoring. This thought didn't occur to me. A genius, am I? I don't consider myself to be a genius. If not in the creativity definition of the word, in the intelligence definition. When I was little, I didn't know of such things.

   I said, it must have been because of the fact that my cousins were also my neighbors, opening up more room in my brain because I didn't have to keep the politics of both relations separate. I said, knowledge of trivia does not equal intelligence. That was a hot one. Or, I am just self-aware, and thus I consciously work on self-improvement. That one, I think, would work for anybody. Since I am not other people, I do not know if they are self-aware, but they might not be. Get self-aware, people. It'll bump up your IQ.

   That rationalization of my above-average capacity for memory storage and retrieval, and for higher-level thinking in general, was back when my IQ was only 122. Well, "only" 122. That's in the 93 percentile. Makes me seem insufferable. Though if you're reading this blog, you're pretty bright yourself. And have excellent taste.

   So, again we return to why I started off on this subject anyway: it may not be what my brain works, but how it works. That's what the entire thing is about, so more on that, would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment