Sunday, January 5, 2014

Con Names: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

   Just an onslaught of conventions. Names. Some really good, others not so much. These are the ones that stand out to me through the research I've done. The good, the bad, and the ugly con names.

THE GOOD

  1. Comikaze- 'Nuff said.
  2. DEFCON- like Defense Readiness Condition, but as the name of a convention. Glorious.
  3. Convolution- if it weren't for Comikaze, I think this one would be the cleverest.

THE BAD

  1. Fanime- I see what you did there. And it was awful.
  2. ConFURence- AARGH what is that get it out my eyes! Thankfully I don't think this one is still around. Though furries could practically get their own category when it comes to con names. I guess brony cons count here, too. You know what, I think I'll do that.

THE UGLY

  1. Otakon- otaku con. Clever, once it's been explained to you, but outside of that, not much. At least it's better than Fanime?
  2. Conflation- an awesome name for a con, unfortunately already taken by some crappy local outfit. Not loonies, either. (Looners? What's the word for balloon fanaticists again? Looners, right?)
  3. Gen Con- it's just... boring, is all.






No comments:

Post a Comment