Friday, January 24, 2014

A Sudden Rise

   Why the huge jump?  
  1. He just misheard, like heard it as -ty instead of -teen or something? And that mishearing somehow also happened to be the number put on the official documentation... Okay, that idea was stupid from the start. But it makes sense in terms of the known range in my test scoring.
  2. Maybe they just lied to me. That was one of my first thoughts. That I'm part of some study where IQ tests are administered, and the results are overstated to determine whether this has any positive or negative effect on future IQ scores. There's no way to disprove that (I did feel it was an off day that day...) and either way not likely.
  3. Maybe they were using a different test method- no, the method seemed the same to me. The blocks and the vocabulary. WAIS-IV, that was it. A different test calibration, then, maybe. No, that's also dumb. It's the same test, it should be calibrated the same. Though the standard deviation was 16 instead of 15 in one place up until [EDIT: shoot it looks like I missed a spot; yes it was originally blank here, just a blank blank cliffhanger. I'm reviewing these posts early April '17 in the middle of/as part of a project I'm doing on IQ testing, and boy does all this conjecture seem moronic to me now (moron- the highest grade of mental retardation in Jean Esquirol's model. better than being imbecilic or idiotic, at least.) I was talking about the Stanford-Binet, anyway, which used 16 as the sigma instead of 15 up until the, shoot, fifth edition?]
  4. Maybe I had just gotten used to those tests, and gotten good at them? 
  5. They didn't offer a possible range or margin of error, so perhaps its definitiveness (definitivinity?) makes it non-definitive. Okay, maybe not. There's generally supposed to be a range of about 3 points plus or minus on any given score, and a 95% accuracy rate on these things. At least on some of the tests I took, and since the test that yielded the high-average scores was the same test that yielded the superior score... Meaning, in second grade, (using KBIT my IQ was measured at 115-129 (plus or minus seven points of 122,) and the probability was given 95% of that ration containing my true IQ. Thus, my really high test just fell  into this 5% margin. It happens. Once every twenty times, it happens. Sad thing is, that's probably it.
  6. Maybe it deals with the personal and social advancements I've made since then, being able to better express myself and speak and have it be legible. Or the low number in one category got significantly higher which bumped up the entire Full Scale. I've seen the subcategories on my grade-school IQ tests, though, and I don't think that's it. It is said that there are two kinds of intelligence, fluid and crystallized, and this is important because autistic people tend to have low fluid intelligence. I've gotten better, but I don't think even all of my advancement in that category can explain quite such a leap.
  7. Maybe that's causing my IQ is increasing exponentially, and soon I will have one of those (literally impossible) 220+ IQs (I meant to put 200+, but  I hit the 2 twice instead of the 0, and I'm keeping it because 220+ is just soo much cooler.) 
   That's the one I hope it is, that one on the end. I.Q.s 200+ are impossible, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment