Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Redbox w/ Commentary, Page 16


   Actually, I don't think that the 'perspective' pun here was intentional. That's just what the ceiling looks like in the loft where he's staying, because of the rafters.

   This is the first time it's mentioned, but the bell curve is being weighed on a curve, and the other students' low scores on the test drags Okimba's down (whether or not that's the way it works in real life, that's the way it worked in my dream.) Actually, the bell curve test wasn't technically in my dream in this form, but it was incorporated into it. The stuff about the injustice of the lower students dragging the higher students down was in an essay by Orson Scott Card, about the failing educational system. In my dream, I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment