Thursday, August 14, 2014

Redbox w/ Commentary, Page 18


   The best line of the entire comic. "I haven't been cold in a while." It's snowy, and chilly, and beautiful out there. I'd been in Africa the past few months, while it was transitioning from fall into winter back in the states. So they decide to head out. It's what takes us outside into the snow, just as things were in the beginning of the comic.

   Artwork-wise, the art of the first panel is I think worthy of being paired with that line. It's some of the most Sfar I've looked, and it in fact kind of makes me look a lot like Tobey Maguire. Which is always good. This page is also the only one where I could successfully draw Jackson and Edward's jackets (but not their heads in this one! No, wait- actually, never mind. Yes, one of the reasons I chose an art style like the one I did is so I could get away with drawing Edward's ridiculously cartoony Robert Pattinson hair. The anime style may not suit them, but the hair here is all right.) The reason their jackets are the way they are is because I initially couldn't get their sizing right on the first page, so I drew the old markings over with a lot of pockets. The jackets were poufy in the dream, but not so specifically the way they are in the comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment