Monday, October 20, 2014

Ben Harper

   Peter Graves played the dad in Night of the Hunter. Turns out. I've seen that, and really liked it (the ending was a bit... different,) and I've seen every- or, uh, almost every, episode of Mission: Impossible. I've seen most episodes of Mission: Impossible. Including the ones with Dan Briggs instead of Jim Phelps, but I guess those don't really count right now. But I've never made that connection. Looking back over it, that totally is. Not that he's in much of the movie. His only role is to steal money and then get executed for it. After telling Powell about it, of course. That's a pretty important role, though, I'd say.

   "I got tired of seein' children roamin' the woodlands without food, children roamin' the highways in this here Depression, children sleepin' in old abandoned car bodies in junk heaps. And I promised myself that I'd never see the day when my young-uns had want."

No comments:

Post a Comment