Monday, October 27, 2014

Correspondence 1/29/12 19:52 - 20:12

   After the brainstorming of all the basics comes research.

Re: Story Idea
From POMegranate to Persomem   Jan 29, 2012 7:52 pm
How would diamonds allow us to become cyborgs, anyway? Special carbon stuff, being what we're made of but in a molecular structure that allows it to bind to metal or something?

Re: Story Idea
From Persomem to POMegranate   Jan 29, 2012 7:55 pm
I honestly have no idea. I figured that wouldn't be the focus of the story, so it wouldn't need to be too fleshed out. Maybe someone explains it to the kid, and he just doesn't quite get it.

Re: Story Idea
From POMegranate to Persomem   Jan 29, 2012 7:58 pm
Just, you know, trying to find the mechanics of the world- because mechanics invariably would change the politics of the story, the perspective, the operation of the world.

Re: Story Idea
From Persomem to POMegranate   Jan 29, 2012 8:01 pm
This is true. I guess I'm just so in the mood to actually write something, and get some practice, that I don't want to worry too much about setting.

Re: Story Idea
From POMegranate to Persomem   Jan 29, 2012 8:02 pm
Well, if you want to write, go ahead. I really don't have much more to say anyway.

Re: Story Idea
From Persomem to POMegranate   Jan 29, 2012 8:05 pm
I just don't know what to write. So many ideas, but I guess I'm too impatient to flesh them out.

Re: Story Idea
From POMegranate to Persomem   Jan 29, 2012 8:08 pm
Well, where exactly in Africa do they mine diamonds? Zaire? Do some research on the anthropology of Zaire, and that'll give you more ideas. Write those down.
Or you could do an outline first, and find where the gaps are. Fill those in.

Re: Story Idea
From Persomem to POMegranate   Jan 29, 2012 8:12 pm
True. I guess I could give that a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment