Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Correspondence 1/29/12 20:49 - 21:26

   In case you were having trouble with picturing us shooting our messages back and forth, this should come in pretty handy. I guess this is a Halloween special, because in it I reference Terry Bisson and STOMATOPODA, last year's spooky story. (This year's offering coming up atcha!)

Re: Story Idea
From POMegranate to Persomem   Jan 29, 2012 8:49 pm
I don't know how to imagine you- what exactly do you do when waiting for my responses?

Re: Story Idea
From Persomem to POMegranate   Jan 29, 2012 8:51 pm
Read pirated books, chat with folks and read humorous tales I find on the internet?

Re: Story Idea
From POMegranate to Persomem   Jan 29, 2012 8:53 pm
Oh, man, you read "they're made out of meat" yet? Um, anyway, I'm just writing down every single way society would change if we had that ghost-splitting thing, is what I do.

Re: Story Idea
From Persomem to POMegranate   Jan 29, 2012 8:56 pm
I'm outlining the Parasite Girl and Cyber-Africa stories better.
And, nope, should I? Any good?

Re: Story Idea
From POMegranate to Persomem   Jan 29, 2012 8:58 pm
It's a short story, the conversation between two aliens who are baffled by the idea that we think with meat brains and communicate with flapping meat lips, and it turns out that this is the reason no aliens have contacted us yet.

Re: Story Idea
From Persomem to POMegranate   Jan 29, 2012 9:03 pm
Huh. I guess I never thought of it as off putting, myself.

Re: Story Idea
From POMegranate to Persomem   Jan 29, 2012 9:04 pm
No?

Re: Story Idea
From Persomem to POMegranate   Jan 29, 2012 9:07 pm
I guess I've always been jealous of the chromatophores that cephalopods have. Smug cuttlefish and their 200dpi screens.

Re: Story Idea
From POMegranate to Persomem   Jan 29, 2012 9:10 pm
Oh, yeah, I did a story on that, with these lobster things that have the same thing, and so they turn invisible and terrorize a guy when his house flooded. I forget the names of them, but they've literally got mad chops.

Re: Story Idea
From Persomem to POMegranate   Jan 29, 2012 9:11 pm
So yeah, meat flaps may be a tad uninspired, but they're not off-putting. But I guess I'm biased.

Re: Story Idea
From POMegranate to Persomem   Jan 29, 2012 9:13 pm
Does that mean you read it yet, or...

Re: Story Idea
From Persomem to POMegranate   Jan 29, 2012 9:14 pm
I will right now.

Re: Story Idea
From POMegranate to Persomem   Jan 29, 2012 9:16 pm
Alright. Um... Are we done here?

Re: Story Idea
From Persomem to POMegranate   Jan 29, 2012 9:24 pm
That was pretty good stuff. And, yeah, I guess so?

Re: Story Idea
From POMegranate to Persomem   Jan 29, 2012 9:24 pm
a'ight, g'night.

Re: Story Idea
From Persomem to POMegranate   Jan 29, 2012 9:26 pm
Night

No comments:

Post a Comment