Tuesday, March 3, 2015

On Never Having to Do Another Background for Cerebus Ever Again

   I just wrote a 3 page paper and it weren't that hard, chugged out an outline and pasting that into the form it happened to be the perfect number of pages. I'm not intimidated, I'm not intimidated.

   Whew, big week for homework. I've got a 7-page essay due in two days, and... well, not much else. Seriously I think that's it. Any homework at all is an assault against my perfectly ordered kingdom of lollygagging! I guess. It's been coming for a while now, though, and we're so near to the end.

   I feel like... like Gerhard, at end of Cerebus. Dude did the backgrounds to David Sim's artwork, right, only by the end Sim had gone, kind of, famously, well anyway, and Gerhard had been by this point doing the backgrounds forever, and absolutely sick of it, and it had lost its wonder, and, Cerebus was coming to an end, and so Gerhard focused on that-- done by Christmas, done by Christmas. At Christmas time, I'll never have to do another background for Cerebus ever again. And that's what kept him going, and that, more or less, is the story.

   And that's how I feel with this paper. After this paper's done, the, paper, will, be, done. And I've been working on it, and slipping in my blogging, but, that's not what's important, so that's alright, but.

No comments:

Post a Comment