Saturday, March 28, 2015

Surf's Up Plus

   Going well back into the archives of the blog... The first post, actually; perhaps you'll remember it.
http://dielikeadisneyvillain.blogspot.com/2012/02/i-had-dream-once-where-if-i-ever-got.html
I posted up, well, it's just an anthropomorphized wolf thing with a surfboard and swim trunks. A drawing of one, rather (wouldn't the other one be so rad, though?) It seemed t' fit what I was going for...

   The next month, I came out with a digitally colorized version of the same, slapping over a translucent color layer in Photoshop. Still really early days stuff. Years ago.
http://dielikeadisneyvillain.blogspot.com/2012/03/surfs-up.html
I noticed in colorizing it (to whatever mild extent that I did; I suppose it was just my "style" back then) a couple of the mistakes I'd made; we all learned something and yay happy fun times.

   SO I'm not sure if it needed to be done, or whatever, but recently, a few weeks ago but far more recent than the other stuff, I assembled a new version based off of the original drawing; all digital this time (that is to say, even the "ink" layer is digital; traced over the original sketch.)
Click to... well, you know.
    If I noticed mistakes last dye job, it doesn't come close to the number I caught with this one (caught, but, released I suppose? I noticed it all but corrected nothing, anyway; it wouldn't be really the same drawing otherwise (arguments about what that constitutes in relation to having the drawing be traced over on a new layer notwithstanding.)) I suppose I should be happy? Means I must be getting better, after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment