Wednesday, March 25, 2015

X-Files, Rogue Nation, Tomorrowland (Oh, My...?)

   Well, originally this post had been going to be on the Tomorrowland movie Disney's doing, which I found out only today is a thing (I screamed. I screamed like a little girl.) Even if it turns out not to be that great, it's still going to be a goshdarn Tomorrowland movie, in the vein of the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean*, directed by goshdarn Brad Bird and starring goshdarn George Clooney and goshdarn Hugh Laurie. Oh, with a goshdarn script cowritten by Damon Lindelof, by the way. I'm not kidding when I said I screamed. If you don't need a change of pants after hearing that lineup, I don't know what's wrong with you. (Continence, probably.)

   Oh, and looking up Britt Robertson, who plays the main character, just now, it turns out that I do actually recognize her-- she played one of Dan's daughters in the wonderful, vastly underrated 2007 Steve Carell romantic comedy Dan in Real Life. So that's nice too.

   But the discovery that Tomorrowland is a thing comes on the heels of learning of the existence of the latest Mission: Impossible film, which is totally going to be the best of the lot (though, of course, I say that about every M:i installment.)

   And now it comes to my attention that Fox is starting the X-Files again after a hiatus of... shoot, does the "I Want to Believe" movie count in that...?

   So, yeah. I love these things. You love these things. That's all that can be said, really, and all that need be.

*Funnily enough, the reason I went onto IMDb today was to check out information on Pirates 4 (And maybe 5 and 6,) so really this all was fortuitous. Oh, IMDb, what would we do without you...

No comments:

Post a Comment