Monday, April 1, 2019

Analyzing Vlog Woo

I don't know why but my latest vlog is getting any hits which is weird? I've been designing my thumbnails at 1/10th size for the past couple of days, making sure they're easily readable, could be it. Also, two of the hits were mine. The thumbnail has me with an open mouth in it, which seems more inviting and clickable? 

I'd been going to talk about this on Pretzelize Me Cap'n instead but I'm talking about it here, but looking back on it, the background music in this one was a mistake. Having watched it with and without music, music definitely helps keep interest up, but I think the particular choice in music was too down-tempo, though having tried speeding it up felt too frantic. Could have tried it sped less, but whatever, you don't care.

Each of these videos I'm treating like it'll be "the one," and I'll gain a follower base or whatever. Same with the posts on Pretzelize Me!, which is why I guess I don't post there as often as I should. The first step in making good art is the willingness to make bad art, and so I guess I'm willing to make this boring blog post, because I'm making anything at all, building my skillset up. Same idea with weekly videos ofc. But sort of balancing the improvement, with the idea that it'd be the one.

No comments:

Post a Comment