Sunday, April 15, 2012

If Heath Ledger Were a Raccoon

   Not only did I do some of the art for "The Princess Bride," as I said last time, primarily I played the part of the Albino. This role imaginably required a lot of makeup. Like, a lot a lot. At the end of the night, for every production, I had to kill myself with baby wipes to get it all off. Even then I couldn't get too near my eyes, requiring me to take a bath to remove the rest of it. Here's a pic of me Thursday:
I look like Nightwing. Or the late Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker, as a raccoon. The Jokoon! Right? No?
   But, anyway, tangentially, speaking of the Joker as a raccoon, I think he was actually a dog. Symbolically. In The Dark Knight, dogs as a symbol were prevalent throughout, from the actual physical dogs who like to eat dudes alive to the discussion of Caesar becoming dictator-for-life (recalling the whole "cry 'havoc' and release the hounds of war" bit from Shakespeare's play (that was from Julius Caesar, right?)) to the way the Joker himself sticks his head out of the window and lolls around as he takes a joyride in the police car. Dogs symbolize chaos, and the Joker is a wild card- chaos introduced into a deck of cards. In the first film, bats were a symbol for fear (natch,) so I'm guessing that cats will somehow play an important symbolic role in Dark Knight Rises, as it's got Catwoman in it. If they don't, you're ruining a great theme you had going, Chris.

4 comments:

  1. Don't forget the part where the Joker mentions dogs chasing cars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I meant the list to be far from complete, but, gor'm, you're right, that is a pretty major thing to be leaving out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My official cover is that it was too obvious to be even worth bringing up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty good cover, as it was the only thing that made me personally think of the dog theme.

    ReplyDelete