Thursday, April 19, 2012

More Morbidity, Huzzah!

   I've been dreaming an awful lot about Pokémon lately. And by awful lot, I mean like twice. No, wait, once, as the first time merely inspired a Pokémon-based pun, but did not have any Pokémon in it. As for the second dream, well... I don't think that Dewlap is a real Pokémon. Seeing how it means like wattle. Dewlap. Like, a cross between Dewgong (or maybe, for you black/white fans, Dewott) and, um... "L"apidash. I don't know.

  Anyway, uh...

   So, uh, Levon Helm died. In completely unrelated news, Tom Jones the astronaut not the singer is part of a secretive private sector race into space. Don't, uh- don't get those two news stories mixed up like I did yesterday. I assure you, Tom Jones the singer not the astronaut is alive and well, though the astronaut is alive and well, too, though that's beside the point.

   It reminds me of February 29 of this year (since this year is a leap year, right?) when Davy Jones (the singer not the locker owner (and not David "David 'Ziggy "Thin White Duke" Stardust' Bowie" Jones the singer either, who is also still alive and well) died on the same day as Andrew Breitbart. At least, I think that was the same day. While I did not get those two news events mixed up, I was a great deal more shocked at Andrew Breitbart's death. Since, you know, Davy Jones was all old and stuff. Ah, well. It's not like I knew any of them personally.

   Though that would have been awesome, wouldn't it?

   (Though come to think of it I did dream not that long ago that I did know Davy Jones, and he complimented me on my skills as a singer. Alright, I think it might have been Bob Dylan or something instead. That means more from him as a musician than as a singer, but, shut up, it's Bob Dylan. Maybe it was Eric Clapton? I don't think it was Paul McCartney... Hold on, I'll think of it. Maybe.)

   (Though anyway to answer the question. Yes. It really would have been awesome.)

   EDIT: Apparently Breitbart died on March 1, one day after Davy Jones. I think it must have been on the east coast or something, because I'm pretty sure I read about his death on February 29. Or I'm just wrong about that. Anyway, in the dream it was Eric Clapton on tour, in my yard. So, Eric Clapton.

No comments:

Post a Comment