Monday, July 9, 2012

The Gameshow Talkshow Show

   It's like a trivia game quiz show, but all of the questions are soft-ball opinion questions. Which was better: Iron Man 2 or Sherlock Holmes 2? I see. Who, then, in your opinion, plays a better Sherlock Holmes: Robert Downey Jr or Benedict Cumberbatch? Yeah, he's great, isn't he? And now, for $100,000... 

   Gee, I don't know. Something else vaguely related to that? It would depend on the answer to the previous question, wouldn't it.

   But really, that's not an idea that's too serious. If I had my own game show, it'd be a trivia show based entirely around film ratings. There's a lot of crazy film rating descriptors out there. This film received an R rating from the MPAA for "crash scenes too intense for unaccompanied children."  (It's "Alive," by the way, thank you very much.) This 1993 film received a PG-13 for "a murder and other action sequences in an adventure setting." Give up? It's The Fugitive!


   Those guys over at the MPAA sure've got some wacky content descriptors, is my point. I'm betting you can probably think of a few examples. Now, as a TV quiz show. Awesome.


   I would totally watch that show.

No comments:

Post a Comment