Saturday, July 14, 2012

Thon (This One, as I'm Sort of Out of any Other Good Name for This Post)

   More work on the On Our Own remake thing. Just motorcycle unit stuff; I was in charge of capturing some sound stuff on a recorder since obviously we couldn't use the boom mike going 50 mph on the open road. But it was awesome. Not only the recorder, but the motorcycles, of course. If you find the ending of Mission Impossible 2 too cool for school to abandon your suspension of disbelief, well, for one, you've probably got a point, but for two it actually does look as cool as Tom Cruise does in that movie, even without any fancy wheelie-spinning while shooting dudes. It's only the sunglasses and '90s hair combined with the slo-mo and the nonsensical explosions and the chorus singing in Latin and just the general John Woo-ness that distract you from the drama. But, as I've seen firsthand today, it apparently is possible to have Tom Cruise hair and sunglasses while being on a motorcycle. The rest is just John Woo being John Woo. Although come to think of it he doesn't have to be so over-the-top all the time. Paycheck had what, only one dove? But I digress.

   There's only about four days of shooting left. Still haven't asked about scoring the film or anything. Dave says that the score's probably going to come from anyone who's interested, meaning, many people contributing individual compositions. I can work with that.

   The John Woo thing reminds me of something I wanted to say tangentially yesterday in my Ice Age 4 review, but, maybe I'll get to it next time, as it would be severely misplaced here (but since when has that ever stopped me before? Do-ho-ho-ho-hoh.) Tomorrow: More film reviews! Why Amazing Spider-Man is a product of its (our) time, though not necessarily in a bad way.

No comments:

Post a Comment