Monday, July 2, 2012

Mehhh...

   It's weird. I really don't...

   I don't feel like doing that much of a post today. I, just, realized this. The day after I put up the links to the episodes of Writing Excuses. Nancy Fulda is Howard Tayler's sister-in-law? See, it occured to me that maybe that's not good news. Do you have to have connections already to get into the SF field?

   Crrrruuuud. I'm never going to break in.

   Adam's death was a month ago now, BronyCon happened to happen,which is the exact same thing my blog post was about yesterday, and now the world's actively trying to eat us with the fact that outsiders can't get in to the field of speculative fiction. If the universe's going to get any more surreal, I hope the thing that happens next is that the Marvel comics universe turns out to be true. I'd try to ignore some of the more existentially terrifying ones like Deadpool, but I don't think I'd quite be able to ignore the existence of Squirrel Girl who is just as, if not moreso. Aside from the fourth-wall breaking (is there a forth wall in real life?) that's some pretty good stuff right there.

   (By the way, if any of you actually click on my links, I'm pretty sure the fish-in-the-barrel thing John de Lancie is referring to there at the end of the first one has to do with the semi-satirical late-night current events program Red Eye's take on January BronyCon, which I personally found to be fairly even-handed (and hilarious.) I'm sure he's got to be referring to something else, though (or maybe didn't know it was supposed to be funny? Though you'd think Bill Schultz's off-key rendition of the "My Little Pony" theme there at the end would have tipped him off. So, it's got to be something else. Right?) I mean, I can see it a little bit, but nothing to anger him quite that much. Or maybe the bizarre David E. Kelley-style ranting from nowhere is just another part of the surrealism.)

No comments:

Post a Comment