Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Moon Will Wax

   Remember when we eagerly awaited for this film to come out? Less than a week ago, if you can believe it. It all just seems like a horrible nightmare now. There's a scar there, one that's never going to fully heal. The moon continues waxing, away from the tragedy. New moons are supposed to be new beginnings, but this new moon is only the beginning of... of a fire rising. Huh.

   I did my research this time, to see other's reactions. I've learned to do my research ever since the answer to Am I the Only One Who Noticed This? turned out to be a "no." I've learned that anyone can still have their opinions, but people will only listen to yours if you go for the personal angle. I guess it's come full circle since then.

   Searching for images of badgers again. "Badgers! Oh, there's an animal I haven't got any-- no wait." Is this going to become a running thing with me? Google's got this algorithm to give you mostly fresh stuff though, so that's good. That is, it scans your history to see your preferences. It's not an invasion of privacy if you ask for it. Who would be interested in you personally anyway? There's a lot of people out there on the internet. A lot of stuff. In this instance, badger pics. Not all of it is of very high quality. There's a line there. 90% of everything. Why share the crap at all, why put it up?


   I don't know.


   I mean, a lot of my own stuff isn't all that good, but I still share it. It's better than a lot of other people's stuff, at least, but... mmm? Well, at least I feel I'm still improving. That's more than can be said for a lot of people. But then, a lot of people don't even try. Still, like I said, what with the movie, I feel confident on my career path, secure on my voyage from fledgling amateurism up to worthwhile prodom.


   The sun sets quickly in the high mountains, leaving it twilight for hours. This was another sunset shoot, just like the others, including the scene they apparently did partially reshoot yesterday. It makes sense; after all, it did not rain all that much, just enough to settle the dust. The new footage is supposed to be even more powerful than the superemotional first take I told you about. Which, for those of you who are not aware when something is said, is saying something. We discussed briefly maybe adding a single violin or something, for the music there, but the emotions stand fine on their own, so maybe all of the music will be pulled out for that scene. Whichever. So far all we've got is the acting there. If there's a commentary track on the DVD, you're going to hear the amusing anecdote of what makes that so effective.


   It involves bugs.


   That's all I'm going to say. You'd just better hope for that commentary track.

No comments:

Post a Comment