Saturday, January 5, 2013

Mind is Blindness

   Maybe other people are the same person instead of different people. Generally, with autism, there's this sort of "mind blindness," which basically means that you're unable to comprehend that anyone else would have different thoughts from you. That's the thing, though. I don't even know if I have that. Does intellectually thinking it must be tabula rasa with opinions formed by experience mean that you think all people have the same opinions?

   Maybe everyone has the exact same opinions as you do, they just don't talk and act like it as some sort of elaborate complex rhetorical device. I don't know if I'm all that. I don't even know if I'm above average. Because as just one person, it's impossible to tell what average means, because you can't tell what it would mean to be other people. Except for yourself. You can tell your own averages. So much of our lives are lived vicariously, through stories and memories, our own or of other people's. We can stand having the best be behind us because we know that it is the best, so we can selectively choose the best to replay.

No comments:

Post a Comment