Thursday, January 3, 2013

Why It Is?

   Nope, still can't get it out of my head. Quite frankly it's just as surreal each time I re-remember the existence of the brony fandom. Seriously, each and every time. Right now, even now, I'm going, wait... wha-a-a-a-t? Which I suppose is to be expected, because wait... wha-a-a-a-t? The lessons in friendship are good for some. And just the lessons. (Educational/Informative programming for you, right there. In the first season, at least. They took that out.) A lot of the fandom extends well beyond the show, so it's not entirely about that. It could be about the whole... idea, of friendship being magic. Or something.

   But, it's so good. It's one of those things: You've heard of it? How are you not entirely obsessed with it? How can you not be fascinated by it, if not obsessed? I'm sure you can think of some examples and things like that in your own life. I feel that way about most things, in fact. It's baffling reading articles on the Brony fandom and the author gives a disclaimer that they are not a member. How is that even possible? I don't know.

It is exactly, exactly like this.
   Differences of opinion aside, it should still be impossible to miss out on the quality. And the ... And the awesome. Just the sheer awesome which is so awesome that the word awesome becomes a noun in itself.

   But, I suppose you could still see what your (totally hypothetical example alert) ex-girlfriend sees in her new boyfriend (or you know whatever) without being physically or emotionally attracted to the boyfriend in question. I mean, that happens, allegedly. So there's this heterosexual (?) process. I guess that proves bronydom straight? No, wait, that proves it gay. Metaphorically. In this example, you do find your girlfriend's new boyfriend sexy. (So, bisexual, then?) There's a difference between seeing what someone sees in something and seeing it yourself. I guess. There really shouldn't be, because that really doesn't make sense. But people do some crazy things in the name of not liking stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment