Thursday, July 3, 2014

Rawhide Vindaloo w/ Commentary, Page 1

   1776. THE OLD WEST. Bollywood gets so many of its facts wrong, so Cailin and I figured this would be hilarious. It just comes off as being trippy, though. The map here, though, is actually accurate to the 1830s. I copied it off of Conservapedia, the whole time wondering, why would an encyclopedia about conservation have a map of Manifest Destiny-era United States? It turned out that that wasn't was Conservapedia was, at all, but...

   Armadillotown, Texas. Just an Old West movie lot set I copied or maybe even traced from Cailin's laptop. I just called it "Armadillotown" because... Well, I don't know. This comic came out like a year before the video game Dillon's Rolling Western was even announced, I think, so any armadillo-y similarities are entire coincidental, including that guy just rolling that barrel in the middle of the street for no reason. Also, see there's a little guy being ejected violently from the बड़ा दालान. He huffs off (I guess apparently that's him walking there,) and across the street we see, bathed in shadow, RAWHIDE VINDALOO, THE HALF-COW BANDIT. Originally his quasi-bovinity was going to be called Leatherneck, but that apparently means Marine and is unrelated to cowboys.

No comments:

Post a Comment