Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Rawhide Vindaloo w/ Commentary, Page 13


   Let's face it: nobody was surprised by this. It's Bollywood, so of course you knew there'd be at least one musical number. Complete with everyone dancing in the street Oliver-like, and three-part suspender-snapping harmonies featuring a criminal who appears to be in clown makeup. Yeah, that guy on top. Just get a good drink of him.

   Cailin brainstormed some of the lyrics on this one (men curse his name and beasts do the same!) The other parts are just shamelessly jacked from T.S. Eliot, "Macavity the Mystery Cat," which is kind of embarrassing because that's just shoehorned in there without regard to rhythm. (Or rhyme. Answer me quick, or I'll save you time, and tell you-ou-ou...) One! Two! Three! Four!

   And we learn that he stole all the gold (all of it!) straight from Fort Knox somehow. This information comes up later, because I needed a significant MacGuffin and I realized I had already Checkov'd this. I just put it in the song, though, because it rhymed. Those actually now I can remember I looked up if Fort Knox was even built by this time, for that lyric (I think it existed, but wasn't used as a vault yet?)

   I don't know what the deal with that guy with the big head and the weird face is, just standing there in the middle of the street with his hands behind his back like that while everybody else is just dancing around him.

No comments:

Post a Comment