Friday, July 11, 2014

Rawhide Vindaloo w/ Commentary, Page 9


   The train in the background was added in after I think all of this page was done. The last thing added. I added that train for two reasons (yay two-itemed lists!)
  1. The western was entirely trainless up to this point, and westerns need trains,
  2. showing it in the background here emphasized how fast these guys were going, and I guess there's actually three items on this list instead of the promised two, because oh yeah
  3. the glue from pasting in the drawing I did of the governor's daughter tied up on horseback  kind of stained the page, so I had to color that in brown to disguise it.
   Didn't do a very good job. Stopping a horse like that would probably not be good for the governor's daughter on the back of it, as it would just drop and send her flying. Presumably our good Sheriff runs up ahead and catches her.

   And then molests her, as revealed on page 23. I asked Cailin if he should molest her here, as at first he thought I meant Rawhide, which led to an interesting conversation. I don't know, I guess it would have been one of those things that would have been drawn (but not too explicitly!) had I had the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment