Tuesday, April 3, 2018

And Suddenly, Random Finals are Added

Maybe society having a negative view on displays of negative emotion may have its upsides: kinda freaking out, going out today it was like, I'm cool now, and having a good day, and back to being positive, because they simply won't let you be negative outside. Either that, or setting foot outside played a positive role because it signaled my getting something done (a specific finals task,) my anxieties over failure to do so causing said negative emotions in the first place.

Probably the latter, but the former shouldn't be neglected as a possibility.

Alright, so, anyway. I woke up at 8:50 this morning, which was the precise time I'd had an appointment scheduled over, being able to graduate. Deary me. I put on pants and shoes, and made it in on time, through blustery weather that allowed me to lean forward a full 30 degrees or more, with my hands in my coat pockets and heading uphill against the wind.

My four minute tardiness allowed my case worker time to look through my credentials and degree audit, which expedited the visit itself. I must have been in and out in less than 10 minutes. 20-odd minutes later, at least, back home, 9:11 in the morning, I'd texted Lisa Jones, the exact faculty member I'd needed to meet with about it, whose acquaintance I'd happened to make as part of the Travel Study in the Arts Program; she'd been one of the faculty for that.

With her students all working at the time, we managed to go directly across to the art office, talk to Kathy Whitworth, so she could remove my hold, and then Lisa had to log in and add me to the roster, and then on my end I still had a hold because I'd applied for graduation so I had to call into the hold center to get that fixed because I wouldn't be able to graduate if I couldn't sign up for this class this semester, but... here's the situation.

With my transfer credits, I do get a bye on the art seminar. Usually you have to take four credits. I'd thought I'd only have to take two. Turns out I only get a bye on one credit...

Seminars are recorded though; I'm all signed up, all I have to do is watch all of them within the next week and write up a report for each. There's, what, four or five? So, make that one per day or something. Guess I'll consider that finals. 

In my advanced typography class, there is a project due on Thursday... like, the whole thing... but I'm done except for spit-shine, on two of the three assignments. (I've got the booklet done; the website, um, mostly finished; I've started on the poster but the tough part is having it printed out by Thursday, since the printshops are pretty backlogged at finals season.)

No comments:

Post a Comment