Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Lost Carcosa

Had an idea today; no electronics before noon. I'm always at my most productive artistically when I have to entertain myself myself. 

So my brother posted about it today; I was there when it happened, the passing itself not the writing of it (since it had been precomposed into a Google Doc,) but link Link here here. He wrote about Eldritch Horror expansions, but update on that: since the post went up a few hours ago, our lovely mother got us/allowed us to get one of those. Signs of Carcosa. We chose this expansion because our first and till now only was Forsaken Lore, which added new cards and things without really introducing any new game mechanics. On that path, we are further expanding inward rather than outward; this expansion has a few new characters and assets, a couple new things, while still keeping gameplay the same. Other expansions, well there are a few larger ones and a few smaller ones, I think 9 in total, introduce sideboards and, well this one still has the new prelude card things, but anyway. (I was backing Cities in Ruin, a smaller expansion, because basically all it does is introduce a new mechanic; we were also looking at Masks of Nyarlathotep, the latest expansion, a big one, which introduces so many things it could practically be a post unto itself.)

So anyway. Continuing to play prologue games of Pandemic Season II, looking forward to Saturday when we can crack into January for real.

...What about writing, though, on the computer... probably too much of a temptation to, like, look at pinterest while I work though... I've still got that AlphaSmart; don't have to count that as electronic...

No comments:

Post a Comment