Wednesday, December 12, 2018

A Brief History of Driving Tests

My driver's test is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon at 3:30. I'm trepidatious.

I honestly don't know how solid my chance is at passing. I'm either going to pass it or I'm not, which means that to the best of my knowledge it's like 50-50. That really is how statistics works. It's wild.

You need to be able to parallel park, and I've done that before, but I'm nowhere near the "don't practice until you get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong" zone. My first driver's test I instaflunked that section. I did manage to parallel park, but I pulled up partially onto the sidewalk to do so. I'd accumulated enough frowny points by that point that I would have failed the test regardless, but this was icing on the cake.

The second time I took a driver's test I instaflunked as we pulled out of the DMV parking lot. I'm probably some sort of record holder for quickest failed, so that's one positive out of that situation at least.

Passing my driving test is like dying. It's something I've never done before.

No comments:

Post a Comment