Sunday, December 9, 2018

Input/Output Balance (and other balances in general)

I think the technical difficulties I was talking about yesterday (and the other, unrelated technical difficulties which I'd decided to work around later) have been fixed. Sweet! Now onto talking about other difficulties I guess?

I haven't posted a really hardy post on this blog in a while. I just need to outcrease (increase my output!) in many media generally, but I've been caught in a rut lately of falling back onto familiar, input-based habits instead of artistic creative output-based ones. Even during NaNoWriMo, my non-writing time was just awful in terms of input-output ratio. 

I really don't know how to solve this problem, other than perhaps gamify my outcrease, hack the parts of my brain that just want to fall back onto small trivial tasks to get them to work toward large non-trivial ones? I've looked vaguely into gamification as a lifehack, but no one app or system really stood out to me. It needs to have a good balance, for one; not just the way it fits into one's life but in the way that intrinsic vs extrinsic motivation needs to be balanced. A lot of these cryptocurrency things look really kinda pyramidish to me.

Even reading my scriptures daily is at this weird zone between active and passive, too involved for casual input such as YouTube watching but too passive for involved input such as gaming.

If I go to bed right now, it will be the first time in days that I'm going to bed before 2:00 a.m.


No comments:

Post a Comment