Friday, December 7, 2018

Driving and Unskills

Been "busy" playing Smash Ultimate, which came out yesterday. There are a few things I need to do. Taking my driver's test in less than a week now. I failed the first two times I took it, but those were years ago. I now what fails you instantly now; I've done basically all of those. Driving around occasionally, for practice, there are frightening gaps in necessary thinking patterns; my instinct is to slow the car down when there's a dispute at an intersection, instead of speeding up, and it's kind of a miracle that I haven't been t-boned three or four times over by now. I'm not very good at the things I'm only just starting at, and apparently at the things I've practiced hours and hours at either. Even the things I think I'm good at, or I should be good at, I'm not very good at. But I guess maybe that's like the Dunning-Kruger effect. Or maybe the WHAT'S THE WORD FOR IT ARRGH the thing where you only show your greatest work to others and feel like a pretender and a fraud all the time in the presence of other artists?? Whatever that is. See, I just proved the, thing. However.

imposter syndrome, that's it

oh and see also the peter principle? that's another one that may have effect

No comments:

Post a Comment