Monday, December 31, 2018

scrap snippet: perfect impossibilities

There's a lot that I want to say on my YouTube channel but that's okay I guess when the thing I have to say isn't particularly suited for a visual medium over any of the other things I want to say. I can go to my Pretzelize Me Cap'n! blog but that also feels like it needs to be more official. So here's a thing, scrap of thing really, and maybe I'll have other use for it one day but it'll be here for now till then:

It's weird how some things would be so perfect, but then turn out to be impossible for the exact same reasons that they would be perfect? Let me give a couple of examples.

Like, it may seem a shame that David Bowie died before he could play Tamatoa in Moana, instead of the character being played by Jemaine Clement, but the only reason "Shiny" was written so Bowie-esque-ly is because it was inspired by Bowie's passing itself, and there's no conceivable world in which Bowie would thus even be around to play that glittery boi. But Jemaine Clement is cool too, so there's that at least.

Or the neighbor kid in Spider-Man 2, (looks up,) Henry Jackson, how they wasted the opportunity for that random neighbor kid to have been Miles Morales instead- only, Miles Morales was only invented after Donald Glover wanted to play Spider-Man because they were replacing Tobey Maguire after Spider-Man 3, and Henry Jackson could never have been Miles Morales, and Henry Jackson is from Queens and Miles Morales is from Brooklyn besides. You totally know, though, that Henry Jackson is probs gunna be some Spider-Person swinging around the future of Earth... (looks up,) 96283. Like, maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment