Sunday, December 16, 2018

On the Growing of a Channel

My YouTube sub count grew by 50% this evening just by Kaellen and Hannah subscribing. I may have more YouTube subscribers than followers on Instagram; I don't know, I haven't had my phone to check.

I was taking photos for their Christmas card and Kallen just asked me if I was working on a project involving SpongeBob, he'd heard somehow, and so I him, and they both looked it up separately then and there, and we just sat there for a few minutes as they went through a couple of my videos with me just sitting there instead of taking photos, them watching my videos around me. It's a weird experience.

I'm not sure why I don't tell more people or whatever. It feels like I should be actually doing things with it. It feels like I could be a little bit better, on writing and directing and acting and editing and videographying everything. Just a little bit better on each of those, and then I'd be ready to share my stuff more. 

And the videos themselves being viewed by and through other eyes. It feels simultaneously too personal and not personal enough.

People watch YouTube on their phones a lot. I need to keep that in mind from now on. I'm not sure how that would affect anything any different, but it does make me feel better about my latest thumbnail; it actually looks pretty good on mobile, when I'd been thinking, on desktop, that it could have been a little bit better. 

The act of shoving the content out involves loads of compromise, but learning to make that compromise was part of my making a video a week in the first place now. 

Next vlog title idea: "Now where did I park." Eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment