Thursday, December 13, 2018

Comparisons Between Driving Tests

I failed again. It gets easier and easier. Today marks six months to the day since renewing my learner's permit, but it doesn't mark its end. It's fine; the only downside is that I have to wait to see Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse tomorrow instead of today, because there was nobody to drive me into town (or more accurately, nobody to drive me in and back out again.) I guess it might as well be time to review what I need to fix for my rescheduled appointment next month.

My first driver's test, I kind of went too fast, didn't slow down, still think it might have been the slope of the road causing me to roll down faster and not slow as fast; this time, I think I did a pretty reasonable job of staying within the speed limit, but my decelerations left a lot to be desired. Waiting way too long, when pulling up to a sign or a light, to start slowing down. My first driver's test, already going to flunk, I was still asked to try and parallel park; this time, not even.

My second driver's test, pulling out of the DMV parking lot at the start and failing because I pulled in front of a car down the road (it was very very far down the road, so I'm still not sure why she instaflunked me for that); this time, pulling into the DMV at the end, I overshot the parking lot and had to pull into the parking lot of the hotel beyond instead, then back out and try to make it back in again.

Traffic has a massive butterfly effect, effect, but it's nice to know that I still probably would have failed that second test anyway, seeing how I failed this one more than five years on.

No comments:

Post a Comment