Saturday, December 1, 2018

Word Count Overshot

There was a ward dinner last night when I was trying to write, and it took a couple of hours but it was fine apparently because I made 50k by the end of the month (if you include The Funny Home in that word count, because I wrote most of that Halloween story, past midnight on Nov 1st technically...?) and that's only the words on my blog anyway, because I did fill in a few blanks in there into a copy of the first draft file directly, found the bracketed content and edited that, in chunks too small to bother posting up.

But I also wrote past 50k words as far as I could, just to be on the safe side, and I'll tell you the story behind that. This new crop of words, I also had a little bit of bracketed content, for one, and decided not to have that as part of my official 50k. For some reason. There were also a couple paragraphs of content I'd written previously, outside of NaNoWriMo, which I could interpolate into the bed of word count here though it didn't technically count as November word count.

And also the NaNoWriMo word count tabulator counts "*"s as being individual words, when Google Docs did not, nor was I intending for that to be the case. There were 69 of those in total, in the Doc.

So there we go. 155 words I needed to overshoot. And did so successfully.

There was, like, some stuff from Halloween, that I'd actually written in time... but it's impossible to say which is which, by this point, so, we're saying it was ALL November. Yeah.


No comments:

Post a Comment