Monday, December 5, 2022

Brick(s)

 heeeyyy uhhh remember yesterday I said something about not overtaxing my computer? Turns out that I failed to do that, maybe posting that blog post did push it over the edge, and I now have a very expensive brick! Well actually I managed to get my computer turned back on successfully this morning but then I tried to open After Effects back up and it kept on asking me to sign into my Adobe account over and over and over (because subscription-based services that gateway things you have access to is terrible, and you never own anything you only rent it) so I decided to reboot the computer and hopefully make that problem go away... and for sure Adobe haven't asked me to sign into anything since then, but that's because I haven't managed to get the desktop back up again since, and that was... this morning?? I'm writing this on my MacBook Air right now, which was manufactured in mid 2009 (and so would thus be incapable of upgrading to the latest Apple patch even if it had the storage space for it) and most importantly has zero battery life and so isn't really much more transportable than my desktop computer, and sure the heck boots a lot slower. It still works though. I did manage to, like, get Blogger open on this computer, whereas I can't get anything to do anything on the other one. It's just, not good for much outside of, logging into my blogger account and shooting off a post.

New item for Christmas wish list?

Computer repair services

Meanwhile today I'd been going to watch Brick on Amazon Prime as part of this Rian Johnson thing, because it had totally been there till now, I double checked and everything earlier this month, only, it's not there anymore, outside of renting or buying (which, at least there's that, maybe I'll do that! (or piracy (but really that's more an option I reserve for things that aren't worth paying money for (which like yeah sure leads to my continued dependence on Adobe systems)))) but anyway it had been there as part of the normal package, and it just left without warning, I don't know. Curse you, subscription-based services.

No comments:

Post a Comment