Friday, December 9, 2022

On a Besoin de(s?) Plus Gants Jetables (titling in French because I can't think of a better post name)

 Apparently the company that manufactured the disposable examination-style gloves that we use at work went under or something, and so they've stopped producing gloves even though the means of production still exist as far as I'm aware? Utterly fantastic. And I haven't been throwing away gloves after using them and washing them instead of throwing them away if they get dirty but they still get old and break, and even just avoiding that by limiting wear (by limiting wearing) the last pair I had, well they had holes already but one of them ripped all the way in two and everything. I've still got one (1) glove, while maintaining the fact that I've got twice that many hands.

All this is to say.

My hands are super dry again, having them be exposed to the elements like this. They'd been dry before, but then I got more judicious about wearing gloves which hasn't been as on the table for me lately. Bottom line: my hands' skin is chapping and cracking and it huuurts, and just regular lotion application won't cut it; we need gloves at work again, and ones from home designed for like gardening, they're useful in some of the instances in which I need gloves but not all.

No comments:

Post a Comment