Monday, June 4, 2012

Fasting

   I've haven't eaten anything since the accident. I'm not sure exactly when I started fasting (since I last ate, I suppose, is how you define that), but I know it's been at least 48 hours since I started my fast officially, and more time not eating before that. Depends on what I ate for breakfast Saturday. Did I eat any breakfast Saturday? I should have, but if I did I can't recall. So maybe not. Thou there was that one glass of water. So it's been at least a few days since I've eaten anything of significance.

   I'm already down 8 pounds, in the unhealthy kind of I-wasn't-fat-before-this kind of way. Probably mostly water weight, on this timescale. Surprisingly, not as hungry as you would think (it's mostly just cravings instead of hunger (mmm muffins)), and my peripheral vision is still intact, even though they say that it goes away after fasting long enough. I'm not feeling too weak, except during strenuous work. I did have a headache last night and I'm getting a really small one right now just thinking about it, so I should probably eat soon. If I don't drink anything within the next 24 hours, I'll dehydrate, which wouldn't be very good since I would also be dead, so maybe I should also drink something to go with the food. Or at least eat something with liquid in it. There's an idea.

   I think I'm going to break my fast on pineapple, specifically in makeshift upside-down cake form because I can: there's cake shavings in a container on the counter (you know- cut off from the top from how they make layer cakes), a fresh pineapple on the table, and a can of whipped cream in the refrigerator. Pineapple, you see, being Adam's signature favorite dish. It'd honor him somehow...

   ...

   Okay, so, the cake top's been reduced to crumbs now, so never mind that. I could have some pineapple sans cake and whipped cream, but I think maybe instead I'll eat some turkey. Not really in Adam's honor, but in his memory. Turkey. Like, the Turkey. Because, uh, well...

   It's kind of a long story. You really don't want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment