Thursday, June 28, 2012

(Filler Post- In Transit)

   I'm in-- an airport, today, in transit to-- Wal Mart? Let's go with that-- so here's a prescheduled filler post with links to episodes of Writing Excuses that deal directly with things I've blogged, as I kind of hinted that I might give you, even though I said "tomorrow" when I meant "when I'm done with the stuff I did not blog Sunday." Since I'm done with that stuff (I think I also had an idea on a post that had to do with the tropes that deal with teacups? Though that doesn't really make sense, unless you're counting Greek puns somehow tied to Disneyland rides), I'm giving you these today. There are plenty of other favorite episodes of mine, but these are the ones most most relevant to you, my readers. So you're welcome.

   The following are some episodes I've linked, preceded by links to my posts that makes these relevant.



   Tips on collaboration, which I'm doing with Cailin on PoM - I had written out a chart of the mixture of forms of collaboration we're taking on it, but it's too complex for you to care. Suffice to say, it's not the kind that hides weaknesses in writing, since it's sort of us brainstorming and then we both-- never mind, see, I'm getting into it again. I think it's worth it, though, to... Never mind. I'll post about this later.

   Mary Robinette Kowal's first episode on the 'cast, before she was a series regular, where she gives tips for puppeteering that double as metaphors for writing tips (awesome!):

   Nancy Fulda, the woman who inspired me to do a new short story a month (and apparently Howard Tayler's sister-in-law!) doing a guest spot from her position as the slush pile reader for Jim Baen's Universe, on what amateurish mistakes slush pile readers avoid. This kind of thing is exactly why this month's short story is called, "Jimmy, the Genius Supermodel Slush Puppy, Who's, Like, Ten Times Cooler than Shaft." (Not really.)

   How carefully Christopher and Jonah Nolan craft Batman:

No comments:

Post a Comment