Friday, June 1, 2012

Update: Not a Squirrel

   Further development reveals no further development. Meaning, so no, I'm not turning into any member of the family Sciuridae. Though I did rather enjoy getting to sit back and watch my prescheduled posts pop off one by one. I think I'll do that some more in the future.

   I am currently working on a three-parter about zombies, but that just seems too trite since I started it before I started turning into a squirrel, and after I realized I wasn't turning into a squirrel zombies became the thing du jour independent of what I had already written, so posting it now would seem kind of grabby. Besides, I already have an entirely different post lined up about zombies, specifically looking forward to Walking Dead season three. But that doesn't happen until fall, so I don't think anyone would bat an eyelid if I posted a trilogy of zombie posts a while enough before then to make it seem like the posts are unrelated, which they really truly are. Aside from the fact that they're both about zombies. (The prevalence and popularity of zombie apocalypse scenarios is something I analyze in the first post of my post trilogy. It's always a zombie apocalypse, you notice that? A pandemic of epic proportions. It's never just one zombie, is it? Their sheer numbers, aside from the fact that that's the only thing that makes slow-moving mindless ones formidable, I think is key to why we indulge in such fantasies.)

   I also quite enjoyed the uniformity or rather the regularity of having all of my scheduled posts be scheduled for precisely twelve o'clock, which if you'll look back you'll see they were. Which is why I am posting this post at noon today, though it is unscheduled and is in fact being written right now. It's 11:57 as I write this sentence. Just three minutes to go. Now you can look back, whatever time it is in the future, and calculate exactly how many minutes ago I wrote that precise sentence. Wouldn't that make you happy? Okay, it's 11:58 now.

   Still 11:58.

   Still 11:58. Minutes- that's the thing about them. They last sixty seconds.

   Okay, now it's 11:59. Within sixty seconds, this post will have been published.

   Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment