Friday, June 22, 2012

Of More Film Making and Rice Mascots

   More On Our Own shooting today. Just reshoots, but still, good stuff. We're about 2/3-3/4 of the way through filming now, and Dave says he'll be finished editing by about October, which gives us enough time to submit the film to some of the film festivals, which generally take place around that time, doncha know. There's three festivals we're looking at right now, to which we'll probably be accepted based off of judge and audience reaction to the original film.

   Still haven't figured a way to foreshadow the economic collapse more. I had the idea, which we discussed briefly, of showing signs of a police state, with soldiers stationed around everywhere or something. That'd be cool. But I don't know.

   I also had the fleeting idea that the villain should be one of these, a schizophrenic pedophile Marine or SEAL or Green Beret played by Jon Heder who's targeted the brothers and is chasing them across the desert. This is the first time I've shared this idea with anyone, because face it it's kind of stupid, but who would not want to see that movie? I thought not.

   After shooting was done, ("shooting" in more ways than one, as we went out onto the range afterwards, but seriously I wouldn't have even mentioned that had there not been a pun there,) we got some General Tso's chicken at Wal Mart, and this is important. I would have gone home to eat instead, but that was exactly the kind of thing I was in the mood for, right there, I mean like right THERE, while it would have been a toss-up with what was for dinner at home (apparently hot dogs) (although really I was specifically in the mood for teriyaki beef or something as I had never had General Tso's before.)

   Ironically, perhaps, the only reason I ate with them was because we got General Tso's chicken instead of pizza or something, and the only reason we got General Tso's chicken instead of pizza or something was because there was supposed to be rice with which to eat the General Tso's chicken, but the rice maker wouldn't work. Meaning I did not get any delicious Hinode brand rice, which I have never had before and still have not had (but it's still probably delicious,) even though I did get some chicken of a kind I've never had before. I guess that's still good.

   So, food. Seriously, like 90% of this film's budget is catering. Anyway, these things were not before I had already drawn this, which I guess is Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs's Flint Lockwood as the Hinode Rice Man (they seriously look almost exactly the same, so you really can't tell the difference that much, the most noticeable one being this guy's neck is longer, plus he's just taller. And he's got that weird spiked hair, but you can't see it very well with the straw (?) headgear):

No comments:

Post a Comment