Saturday, June 16, 2012

To Be Pro

   Sorry about the short last minute post yesterday. It is I think a very good question nonetheless. I'm doing a bunch of stuff like I told you earlier, and there's stuff going on today, so I am forced to pre- schedule this one. On 9:05, because it's the sixteenth of June. It's another essay on professionalism I guess. How I want to be pro.

   I use pro here to mean professional, rather than expert. As expert as you may be, you are not pro unless you get paid to do it.

   There is no such thing as talent the way it seems to be perceived. Anyone can be good- anyone can learn good technique. Talent is not technique. True talent lies not in what you know how to do, but how to apply what you know how to do. Anyone can learn technique, but you have to learn also how to use it. There is a difference between talent and skill. You improve on your talents.

   You have got to set yourself apart. Why do people seek both the spotlight and to fit in? They are as far as I can tell mutually nonexclusive.

   And I've got to go now, so see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment