Friday, February 17, 2017

Pretzadvice Wanted, pt Deux

Pretzels Prints is, man I don't want to call it either perfect or pretty [anything] (but pretty good especially) because excessive alliteration is devilcraft I'm pretty sure, but those are the words that are lending themselves to me right now: Pretzels Prints is perfect, or barring that, Pretzels Prints is pretty good. My logo is already a paw print, with a pretzel I mean look at the visual pun there, so even if I don't do prints (another one of my very favorite passions I never have time or resources to do) I think the name still holds up. Though it's totally pointing me in the direction of prints as my artistic output, and so there's an excuse to serigraph right there.


A couple of concerns though still: Prints when put that way comes across as a last name, which is fine but "Pretzels Prints" wouldn't in that case roll off the tongue as easily as maybe "Pretzel Prints" would, with the singular Pretzel?, which 1) strays back into the territory of that one guy, and anyway 2) it's (Pretzels's name's) definitely plural, and the other dude (Pretzel singular) removes the reason-that-wasn't-there-in-the-first-place to change it.

But there's an idea in that, in "Pretzel Prints." It, above "Pretzels Prints," makes me sound like the prince of pretzel, or something, while it just sounds possessive I guess the other way, removing ambiguity and thus covering up the presence of the delicious pun. Maybe swap the order of that, which makes retaining the plural still sound good: Prints Pretzels- which might work, but I'm not sure if it sounds like a name more than a title. Retaining some connection either way to my original, I mean real, I mean my name*: Eric spelled backwards is Cire, so, you know, "prince" there I guess. It's also already a practical near-anagram, Eric/Prince, outside of the meaning there behind the word sire.** Regardless of the placement of the word Prints, whether positionally or post-positionally to the word Pretzels, I like it being there, for, those three reasons I outlined.***

I thank everyone who didn't give me advice, because it probably maybe might have been bad. But, maybe I still need some. Also, this should (probably) have been completed yesterday, so. I just need one nudge one way or the other. If none come, I think I've got it either way.





*As opposed to my fursona's name, who is not me. Named after me, sort of, as I explained yesterday; my last name, that is, which makes Prints's connection to my first name even better.
**EDIT: and, shoot, "Eric" means "kingly/princely" as well, I almost forgot. So it all converges, not two ways but three.
***But really in the "three reasons I outlined" I meant the multiple convergences of my first name with words for royalty as one of the three reasons, not the three in itself. By those three reasons I meant: those meanings, and the double meaning of "prints" to nudge me in the direction of that as my artistic medium (I mean look at my design, even just for my chop, my design style is very printlike already,) and the lengthening of the name from just "Pretzels" (at least on a business-name level) to uniquify the name which is oh-so-awesome for branding.

No comments:

Post a Comment