Sunday, February 26, 2017

The Task Party Chronicles, pt IV

First off, I've been starting these usually with tangents about movies, so here's my avenue to say, the Oscars thing happened! Yay winning! Lion King was what I think inspired them to come out with Best Animated Film in the first place, wasn't it, so it never got that because it wasn't around yet, but it did win the 1994 Annie Award for best picture, as did Zootopia this year.

Anyway I guess I can think of no reason not to get to the TASK party itself by now. Thursdays hold Art Business in the mornings, and nothing else unless there's an Art Seminar in the evening which there was this time. There weren't clean checks last Thursday for some reason. There were this time, once again, so, in between homework (working on the business plan) there was also cleaning the apartment, and not much else I guess. That takes us through to the Art Seminar, where the guest lecturer was actually a museum curator talking about that; the seminar was apparently at the same time as the art gallery exhibit open house, Robert Daughters silkscreen prints, this time. The open house looked over by the time I swung by to catch any refreshments that may have been; it did mean there was no line but it also meant that the only food to speak of still left was the remnants of salsa and tortilla chips, with the less popular of the veggie platter offerings still up as well. Why am I telling you all this; I don't know. Moving on to the party now. I've got pictures.


What is it about foxes? The two or three examples of foxiness going on in the above photograph are all unrelated, and this photo still leaves out the other person who'd been bestowed fox ears (the woman here I also gave a tail; making her that outfit was the first task I was given. (That shiny tin in the foreground is where the slips with the tasks on are located.)) It also leaves out the Fantastic Mr Fox drawing that was auctioned off; Brother Keller won, though I bid $5, by bidding a $2 bill, which are apparently worth like $10 each nowadays. It wasn't until later that I had a Brazilian 10 centavo piece in my pocket...



No comments:

Post a Comment