Monday, February 27, 2017

Things I am and am Not Toast In

Meant to do a post about the TASK afterparty, where we made goop and it was good, while meanwhile I worked on my business plan as well, but, I got cut off by midnight again soon enough, but after I'd posted up three photos, enough, to say, I'll just probably add that stuff to yesterday's post. Meanwhile, though, guess I'll do a post at all here today, though I made a significant in Pretzelize Me Cap'n! which you should read, not only because it's important backstory but also because I think it's wrote pretty good. I am a krutaking wordsmith, I am.

Tl;dr is, I just started on project three in information design class, and like turns out that it was actually due this week. The whole thing.

You really should go read that post; it's good. And I'm assuming from now on that you have.

So Prof Frohn got back to me after I emailed him, and I'm not totally sunk, he says, because project 4 is just that huge, that it's worth so many stinking points, that my grade even after all this is totally salvageable. And I know that word's got some pretty specific maritime usage which doesn't mean at all what we use the word "salvage" to mean, but bleeuh.

It's just, better to have all the previous projects under belt, to use the skills gained there in this project, is all.

So turns out I'm not totally hosed in that class. Which is bad, actually, because being hosed over, that's what I'd been throwing my lifesaver behind; I mean, I've got stuff due in other classes, too, but I've been kind of neglecting that going nuts on information design. Wanna walk through them with me?


  • Motion design- big project. Final project of the semester, I think. Due next week. Not sure how that works. I've, vaguely started on it?

  • Business for the Professional Artist class- one of Dan Burr's off-the-cuff assignments, have 100 social media followers on your art account, and posting regularly using 25 (!) hashtags regularly, is due tomorrow. Haven't, um, well I've made sort of swishing motions with my arms, in the general direction of that.

  • Mesoamerican art class- second quiz on Wednesday. I think I've got this; I had the first quiz handily, after all. But meanwhile in that class we're supposed to be writing papers and stuff. I haven't gotten any done since those first three, which I didn't even do the best on (the paragraphing was really weird, because I was trying to fit everything into one page apiece, is part of it.) You don't get penalized for a bad grade or anything, credit is additive in that class, but, alright I started a bunch of fiction books to do a report on maybe one of them, but none of them held my interest for that long.

  • Other classes (Foundations of the Restoration; Art Seminar; Concentration (online class worth .5 credits I'm taking this half of the semester, so that I learn how to concentrate better and also because I needed .5 more credits for scholarship purposes))- I'm fine. So, there's those at least.


But I kind of, I don't know. I like the feeling of sinking; scrambling in Info Design kind of gave me an excuse to drag down those other classes too, but now that I know that the hole in the dinghy isn't really that bad, it's, eh. Now I have to somehow find 100 followers within the next 9 hours, when I should be sleeping. I mean, I should have somehow done that anyway, a couple of weeks ago. (Sound familiar?)

Whatever; I'll just sleep. Did that a lot today, in 2 out of 3 classes conking out. Another great thing about having so much stuff gradually piling on top of me in a Hollywood quicksand mire of taskage, is that it really forced me to be frugal with my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment